There are many ways to spend time all by yourself. For some people, especially younger generations, they have no idea what to do with themselves when they are all alone. I find that funny, but I also find that sad. So, if you are willing to give some consistent daily alone time a try, here are some ideas as to how you could spend it so it can enhance your daily life.
What to do in your quiet time:
1. Read the Bible. This is my favorite thing to do when I am alone. The Bible is what God gave us so that we could learn about who He is and so that we would know how much he truly loves us. It is the best way to start your day. If you don’t have a Bible, don’t worry. Go to this free bible website to read online. Or download a bible app on your smart phone.
2. Pray. There is no better time to pray than when you are alone. Praying doesn’t have to be anything fancy. It is literally just having a conversation with God. For many, it may feel like a one sided conversation, but the more you do it, the more you hear and feel what God is saying to you.
3. Read a self help book. There are tons of books out there than can help you become a better overall human being. Whether you want to improve in your relationships, in your career, in a sport or whatever it is, pick up a positive influencing book and read a few pages each day.
4. Relax. There is nothing wrong with taking 5 minutes to just stop and recuperate in the middle of your day. As long as you aren’t doing it for extended periods of time when you have responsibilities, go for it!
5. Journal. This is not just for girls. Just throwing that out there. Journaling is a great way to organize your thoughts. It can also be a method to write your goals into or to keep track of your productivity or to simply unload into a page as if it were a person.
These are just a few of the ways people can spend time when they are by themselves. The whole point is, do something that brings you peace, and makes you feel rejuvenated. Don’t let the business of life control your life. It is not worth it. Thanks for reading. Again, if anyone has any questions or comments please email me here!